Thursday, February 03, 2005

Second F.O. of 2005


Posted by Hello A Baby Albert Jacket (again from Sally Melville's Knitting Experience: The Knit Stitch), finished save for some loose ends and buttons. Actually, I think it looks rather fetching and Chanel-ish without the buttons, but since the holes are already there I might as well add some...I'm thinking hearts. It's made from Plymouth Encore Colorspun and some stash DK cotton for the single crochet trim, which I hope detracts from my less than successful shoulder seams. I followed Sally's clear directions as best as I could, but my seams still look kind of like abandoned railroad tracks. Doesn't bode well for the endless seams facing me with Sam's sweater (see below), but I perservere. Speaking of Sam's sweater, the back provides the background for this shot, and the back is taking me friggin' forever. Process, not product. Hey, if it takes me three months to make a sweater I'll still have four by the end of the year with other projects in between, right? Right??

No comments: