Saturday, January 22, 2005

Sam's Seamed Sweater


Posted by Hello For most of my knitting career, I've made mostly little things, instant gratification stuff where size doesn't matter: scarves, hats, baby sweaters, bags and such. And for most of my knitting career, I have avoided seams like the plague; the sweaters I've done have been strictly circular. But one of my knitting resolutions for this year is to stretch myself, so I've taken on a full-sized sweater for my DH, from Sally Melville's marvelous first Knitting Experience book. Using Adriafil Roller, acquired at the recent Smiley's Yarn Riot (and dang, what a riot it was--two hours on line!). I am irrationally terrifed by the idea of seaming, being a confirmed in-the-round knitter, but like I said, it's time to try something new. Heck, I even swatched, another first! I'm alternating it with another baby sweater, so I can feel like I'm accomplishing something. Wish me luck, folks, and watch this space for progress...

No comments: