Monday, August 21, 2006

Terror Alert Ballband Dishcloth

threatdownAs promised, the Terror Alert Ballband Dishcloth, presented here by The Colbert Report (if you’d like Stephen Colbert to showcase your very own FO’s, go here for the Threatdown Generator). The three of you who read this blog (hi, Mom) might remember that the finished product was promised to splindarella, who correctly guessed the significance of the color scheme in a contest entry below. OK, so she was the only entry, but she’s still a winner. I figure if you gotta go, you might as well go with clean dishes.

Snakes on a Plane Update: With two teenaged boys in the house, even extremely cyniclal ones, there was no way I wasn't going to see it on opening weekend. So, while DH snuck off to the Lincoln Plaza Cinema to see something arty (smell him), there I was at Magic Johnson on 125th Street with a rowdy talk-back-to-the-screen audience. The good news: I only had to look away fron the icky action and pretend to be engrossed in my Mason-Dixon Ballband Dishcloth a couple of times. The bad news: well, there really isn't any bad news. It's exactly what one would expect--snakes...on a plane...a good-bad toss your popcorn in the air experience if you can suspend your cinematic scruples. Slate Magazine’s review has an interesting slant: a reading of Snakes on a Plane as a post-9/11 allegory.

7 comments:

AR said...

That's so cute!! I might have to steal that for my post today. One of my boys wants to see SoaP, (haha soap), but not me.

al said...

hehe that is fantastic. gotta love colbert. ever see the snl sketch with the terror alert colors beige, off-white, ecru, etc.? long time ago but it was pretty funny!

whatever would we do without homeland security?!

Anonymous said...

Tell me, tell me...did your warshrag really get featured on the Colbert Report? Which one (which date)? I SO have to see the episode. Too perfect--such wonderful subversiveness using the down-home washcloth to make a political statement (albeit a hilarious one).

Splindarella said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Splindarella said...

I don't know that the famed Terror Alert Dishcloth will ever come in contact with a dish -- it's far too important to national security. I may just need to hang a Terror Alert Dishcloth Hook in my kitchen to keep TAD permanently displayed and showing an up-to-the-minute status report. ;)

Terri H. said...

Holly--my humble Ballband a genuine Threatdown?? I wish. Nah, as I said in the entry, anybody's F.O. (or cat for that matter) can get featured: just go to www.threatdowngenerator.com and make yer own.

Anonymous said...

Doh! Definitely was not doing careful reading--shame on me ; ). My excuse: I have one more week before my final year in graduate school and the writing of my dreaded thesis. I haven't been doing any close-reading the entire summer. I guess I was just so excited to "see" a knitted object on the Colbert Report that my mind ignored the rest of the post!