Saturday, October 29, 2005

Stash Update

Long time no post (again), but the camera has been out of commission and a blog without pictures is like a...boring blog. Anyway. A full stash is almost as nice as a full belly. Some recent acquisitions: from Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool, which always falls conveniently close to my b'day (10/18 for those of you marking your calendars for next year). My present from my family was $100 bucks to spend, which immediately sent me into a "what should I get?" freeze. I ended up with 3 skeins of variegated worsted from Morehouse Merino (totally forgetting the coupon I had in my bag) and a copy of Melanie Falick's Handknit Holidays (which I probably could have gotten a lot cheaper online, but what the heck. It's a gorgeous book). Our weekend hosts gifted me with four skeins of Lamb's Pride in shades of pink and purple. In addition to the Rhinebeck swag, I received in the mail six skeins of amazingly soft Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud, which I won through Susan and Margene's Katrina Relief drive. So I'm feelin' flush and stricken with a bad case of startitis. The Morehouse is destined for another Multidirectional Scarf, the Lamb's Pride for some sort of big old felted bag, and the Alpaca Cloud for an Ene's Scarf from Scarf Style. However, nothing doing until I finish Sam's sweater, which I am determined to have ready for Xmas.

No comments: