Friday, July 15, 2005

Counting Down to Harry


Never one to resist a trend, the off jumps jack household is counting down to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. As usual, there is a huge battle over who gets to read it first. No. 1 son has traditional dibs, particularly since he's off to college, but DH made a side deal with DD. As usual, middle child waits patiently. Me, I prefer to listen to Jim Dale's brilliant reading. Anyway, the bottom line is two copies of the book are warranted. I thought I was being slick by pre-ordering through amazon.com, but it turns out that since the order was part of a free shipping package the book won't get here until next week. So it looks like I'll have to haul my butt out of bed and schlep to Barnes & Noble tommorow am. I am a good mother, but not good enough to wait on line for a midnight release. Also not good enough to knit my way through thirty-six feet of Hogwarts house scarves, but if anyone is so inclined a variety of patterns can be found here. Expecto Patronum, y'all.

No comments: