Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

Having gotten my feet wet with the Winter Wonderland Swap, I'm diving in with big kids and joining Secret Pal 10. Giving and getting is fun (make a button somebody)!

My questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like all kinds of yarns, really--although I'm especially fond of Noro Kureyon and yarns like that the do the work for you; I'll admit to a distaste for yarns that look like skinned muppet although I can make my peace with them with necessary.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Jars, pouches, toolbox

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
Since my eldest DC was a baby, so about 20 years (holey moley...is he 20 years old???). I consider myself perennially intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes

5. What's your favorite scent?
Citrusy stuff, lavender, vanilla

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I'm more of a salty kind of person, but I rarely turn down a piece of chocolate.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Besides a bit of crochet, it's all knit all the time.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I listen to anything from George Clinton to George Jones (although Bruce Springsteen is my boyfriend). MP3s welcome.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I think I like all colors, in their proper context.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Three kids (boy 20, boy 17, girl 14), two dogs (Pink and Ms. Joan Rosen), three cats (Judy, Carmen and Pete), one husband (so far).

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves yes, hats yes, mittens sometimes, ponchos--nothing against them but no.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I'm drawn to small, instant gratification projects (baby stuff, hats, felted bags, warshrag jags) but my ambition for 2007 is to knit myself an honest to goodness grown up seamed sweater.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Farrow Rib Moebius Scarf, Hexed Hat from Knitty, a tie for DH.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Sure (no popsicle stick pencil holders, please--I have plenty).

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?Circular--material depends on the project but I'm not picky.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Why, yes I do! Bought one for myself as a post-holiday pick me up.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
At least four years, probably more. I try not to think about it (and am obviously doing a pretty good job).

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Uhm...knitting books and yarn.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I tend to treat myself to books and have a bunch, but would love to get my hands on Elizabeth Zimmermann's Opinionated Knitter or Debbie New's Unexpected Knitting. No current subscriptions, although Interweave Knits is my favorite. As for the rest...oh just send me anything (except popsicle stick pencil holders). I'm not picky--I just love getting stuff.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Steeking, seaming that doesn't look like I did it under the influence of bad drugs.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nothing against them--just really haven't gotten into it. I wear a size 9 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?
October 18th

No comments: