Tuesday, January 29, 2008

F.O.--Branching Out


Phew. Branching Out is a fun and relatively simple pattern, but it was my first “serious” project in a while, so it really winded me. I used Kaalund Expressions, a really sweet kid mohair that on a size 8 needle worked up into something frothy and quite lovely, if I do say so myself, and surprisingly warm for a fabric so light. However, did I mention how much I hate blocking? branching out blocking
Even with the new set of wires I gifted myself with, it was a pain in the butt. Or, I should say, a pain in the back. But worth it.
A tip I’d forgotten about knitting from a chart: use colored markers to denote yo’s, ssks, etc.–makes it easy to follow at a glance instead of squinting at the symbol. Hey...who are you callin' granny? Just because my eyesight isn't what it used to be...

1 comment:

AR said...

Very pretty! Someday, I've got to finish my branching out scarf. There are just so many things to knit! lol