Monday, December 11, 2006

Very Nearly Finished Objects

Well, I'm unduly proud of myself. I have a buttonhole bag ready to be felted (which might take awhile since my politically correct frontloader won't do the trick and felting involves a trip to the basement of my apartment building where furry feral creatures dwell), and three ballband washrags ready to be finished off and packed away with assorted goodies for my Winter Wonderland Swap buddy. Plus, I've already cast-on for the Hexed hat from the new Knitty frugally using yarn left over from the buttonhole bag.


Santa baby, slip some quivit under the tree, for me
Been an awful good girl
Santa baby, and hurry down the chimney tonight

2 comments:

AR said...

Love the button hole bag.

I saw on a craft show, a woman felting a hat in a front loader with a bunch of hollow rubber balls about the size of tennis balls, without the fuzzy outsides. I guess in this case, it's lucky that I have an old fashion (junky) top loader.

Terri H. said...

Hmmm...felting with Spaldeens...an interesting idea (unfortunately, our dogs are such ball hos I fear they would pry open the front loader [even though in theory you can't open it during the cycle, hence the felting issue] to get at them).