Friday, August 18, 2006

Tasty Link of the Week--Snakes on a Knitter



I know, I know... Snakes on a Plane is officially over. My darling son, self-appointed God of the Internets, has proclaimed so on his blog. However, I couldn't resist a Google image search for "Snakes on a Knitter," and came up with this hinged-jaw-dropping website for Adele Recklies, who does custom knitting, crochet and beadwork for theater and film. The 15' 6" beaded snake at left took her over a little more than a year to make. And I complained last night when my middle son asked me to knit him a pirate eyepatch for camp dress-up day (it only took me one and a half Law and Order SVU reruns to finish...take that Adele).

3 comments:

AR said...

Wow, I can just imagine how much work that snake took.
Your son made me laugh, but real snakes on real planes. Yuck, I might just stay home!

Alliesw said...

Snakes on a knitter--I love it!

shirleyknits said...

Wow! Thanks for posting Adele Recklies' site. Very inspirational.