Saturday, November 27, 2004

Frou-Frou Rainbow Sherbert Hat


Posted by Hello Finished Object: DD's hat from Marnie Maclean's pattern here. It ate one skein of Noro Kureyon (Color 130), plus a bit of a second skein for the trim and flower. I made some modifications: cast on 94 stitches on size 8 circular needle to accomodate gauge and pattern, knit in the round instead of flat, and since I am crochet-challenged I knit the flower instead, using the Basic Five Petal Blossom from Nicky Epstein's Knitted Embellishments (page 23). Thanks to Marnie for the pattern, and thanks again to my KR Secret Pal for the Noro. Speaking of thanks, I love Thanksgiving. Not just for the food, but for the extended knitting time--I already have a good start on a matching scarf for the frou-frou hat (pattern here. Thanks, Susan).

No comments: