Thursday, January 18, 2007

Farrow Rib Scarf


Although my only Knitting Resolution for this new(ish) year is to stretch myself beyond scarves, warshrags and baby stuff (I'm talking to you, Perfect Sweater, here's my first official F.O. of 2007, a Farrow Rib Scarf. I know, I know...scarves are boring...but I really like this one. It started out as a My So-Called Scarf, but I just couldn't get into the rhythm of the herringbone stitch. Farrow Rib, now that I like. The recipe:
Cast on 34 stitches (or any multiple of 3 sts. + 1)
Row 1: *K2, P1* repeat across row ending K1
Row 2: P1 *K2, P1* repeat across row
Keep going until you run out of yarn or patience. In this case, 4 skeins of Debbie Bliss Soho (72 yds/50g) in colorway 37504 (a sort of kelpy combo of blues and greens) on size 10 needles yielded a scarf 7" wide x 49" long. Not long enough to wrap, but wide enough to cross the chest for a nice snuggle. Oh, and I discovered the pleasure of knitting the last few rows with the almost finished object tossed around my neck on the first bitter chilly day we've had in NYC this winter. Heaven.

No comments: