Friday, June 24, 2005

Borat!


Posted by Hello Cool celebrity sighting yesterday afternoon: Sacha Baron Cohen in Borat drag emerging from the subway station at the Columbus Circle Mall...I mean Time Warner Center. I spotted the cameras trying to be unobtrusive a block or so away, so I knew something was up. Borat was coming up the stairs carrying two large leather suitcases and looking bewildered, but if he was trying to pull a punk'd it obviously wasn't working because people were going bananas with the cellphone cameras and excited calls to friends (I, by the way, don't have a cell phone camera so I cribbed this off Google images). When I came back out of the mall Sacha seemed to have given up; he was with a couple of P.A. types, communicating on a walkie talkie looking somewhat deflated but oddly handsome.

No comments: